Thanks to everyone who made it out to our coach's meeting on Thursday, January 16th. We came up with some great ideas, one of them being creating a Coach's Corner to share ideas. Here is what took place at our meeting Monday:
- Meet as a group of coaches twice a semester (once before groups start and once towards the end)
- Collaborate more with other YG's coaches as well as other Austin runners
- Continue to acknowledge our runners from all our groups with Athlete of the Month
- Continue to market our groups to new audiences with postcards and flyers
- Sponsor an exchange station for the Run to the Sun ($500 donation)
LONG TERM GOALS:
- Have a part of YG's as a nonprofit status
- Create a high school scholarship (two $500 scholarships a year)
- Create a kids Duathlon (possibly at Camp Mabry)
Our focus is on improving running & biking endurance and overall fitness, develop
YG's Group Rules
Here are some traditions we'd like to try to use across all groups.
- To help with pacing, animal terms:
- Last 2 to 3 minutes as an entire group to share announcements.
- If there are any upcoming birthdays or events runners are running in, participants circle around the honoree, run in place, and the person in the middle shouts out Young while the runners around the circle shout guns (repeat 4 to 5 times)